Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sweetpea - CJ Skuse



Kindle Edition

Publisher: HQ

Published: 20/04/2017

Pages: 384

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

The last person who called me ‘Sweetpea’ ended up dead… I haven’t killed anyone for three years and I thought that when it happened again I’d feel bad. Like an alcholic taking a sip of whisky. But no. Nothing. I had a blissful night’s sleep. Didn’t wake up at all. And for once, no bad dream either. This morning I feel balanced. Almost sane, for once.

Rhiannon is your average girl next door, settled with her boyfriend and little dog…but she’s got a killer secret. Although her childhood was haunted by a famous crime, Rhinannon’s life is normal now that her celebrity has dwindled. By day her job as an editorial assistant is demeaning and unsatisfying. By evening she dutifully listens to her friend’s plans for marriage and babies whilst secretly making a list.

A kill list.

From the man on the Lidl checkout who always mishandles her apples, to the driver who cuts her off on her way to work, to the people who have got it coming, Rhiannon’s ready to get her revenge.

Because the girl everyone overlooks might be able to get away with murder…

My Thoughts


The story of Rhiannana is one that is Funny, inappropriate, tasteless, Crude and bloody fantastic. She is a Woman who loves her dog, her Sylvanian Families and dislikes her job, friends and pretty much everything else. Oh and shes a serial Killer.

The book is written in a diary format with Kill lists at the start of each day, think Bridget Jones but really really angry, readable and deeply dark and funny.

I did start to worry about my sanity when I agreed with every single one of kill lists. Your not going to like it if your tolerance for violence and bad language peaks with midsommer murders but I loved Rhiannana she was as mad as a box of frogs with a body count but we all make mistakes sometimes. Its a genuine can´t put down book and I was sad to have reached the last page.The ending for me was sad, and without ruining it for anyone I hope Rhiannana gets the future I want for her rather than the one she deserves.

I have read some fantastic books during the last year or so doing this Blog but this one is by far the best book I have ever read. May as well give it my book of the Year already. Although I was given the chance to read this for a honest review, When it is published I shall be buying a copy that will sit on my shelf with pride.

A massive 5 stars and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment